Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday August 16, 2010 Fairplay Colorado

This morning all the children and some of the grandchildren and my cousins called or sent e-mails to to wish me happy birthday. I told Anthony I was turning 19, but he told me "No sir, Grandma, you're about 68...." So I told him I liked to think I was 19 and he said "Well, maybe you can dream that when you go to sleep tonight." My cutie patootie!

We met all kinds of weather today....mostly cool from 72 down to 58, thunderstorms rain, lightening, etc. We loved it!!! We stopped at the Air Force Academy campus as the last time we were here it was after 9/11/2001 and they were on high alert and we could not go on the grounds even though Ed was in the Air Force for four years. Today all they wanted was to see Dad's drivers License. We drove all arouned the campus...it's huge! It's hard walking here cause we are up around 10,000 feet in Fairplay, but in Colorado Springs we were at 5500. It makes one very short of breath. The visitors center was delightful and they showed us a 20 minute video on what it means to attend this academy....lots of hard work and a new challenge every day the cadets in the film said. Glad to lay down on the bed and watch TV now. Nighty night.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy BIrthday Mom. We love and miss you.k 10 iti...sweet dreams.