Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

After a night of thunder, lightening, and rain, we got a very early start this morning as I had an 8 a.m. hair appointment at Wal-Mart with a lady who finally knew what to do with my hair. So, we had breakfast at the motel and looked at the e-mail and started out headed west. We came upon a lake by a resort with tables, so stopped for a couple of hours and enjoyed the sun and played Farkel and dominoes. I still wanted to get a photo of a wild animal, so we found this pretty brown cow at the side of the road, so dad stopped for me to take her picture. I, being the city girl that I am, said "Hello, pretty girl." and she turned to look at me as I snapped her picture dad, being the farm boy that he is, said "That is no lady and hurry up and get that window rolled up before this bull decides to take us both on. OHMYGOSH...it was a bull, appendages and all. WOW. How could I have missed that? We stopped at Crystal water falls and dad took these photos. So, then it started to rain cats and dogs, rain drops the size of silver dollars, thunder and lightening to boot. The last picture of the day has a deer running off into the woods....all you can see is a streak of brown by the trees on the far right. There was a fence to keep her out, but she made quick work of that fence going over it so gracefully we couldn't believe it. We ended up in Omak in eastern Washington, where it was 103 degrees upon arrival. Just came from dinner and now relaxing and watching tv. Nighty night. Hi Desi and Geronimo...glad you are home. We love you all, m and d, g and g, gg and gg.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh my gosh, now if that isn't a funny story. Yes, I see the jewels on the bull. It has been cool this week (low 80's). Had Anthony wearing long pants and a windbreaker yesterday.He went to Lawrence Hall of Science with his summer camp buddies and had a great time.